The Scholars Connection (TSC) is a homeschool class community for grades 7-12 which meets in-person or by livestream two days a week (Tuesdays and Thursdays), with assignments given to complete at home on the alternate days.
Our desire to encourage and support students is what drives our purpose and goals. We want our students to not only have a positive academic experience, but also to experience a vibrant growing relationship with Jesus Christ, helping them to lead truly successful lives (Proverbs 16:3, Jeremiah 29:11, John 8:32, Matthew 6:33).
TSC’s purpose is to come alongside and partner with parents to provide engaging, inclusive, Christ-centered education which promotes academic excellence while also igniting and facilitating spiritual growth.
Our goals are to provide Christ-centered education, champion academic excellence, and build confidence in our students. We do this through a small class community that promotes the development of God-honoring relationships and the building of strong Christian character. We strive to foster integrity, honesty, commitment, and both intellectual and spiritual growth in our students. (Proverbs 22:6, 2 Timothy 3:16-17, Proverbs 3:5-6).
- Academic classes using curriculum which ties concepts back to the Bible whenever possible
- Student Leadership Council which provides opportunities for leading and planning
- Social events such as pool parties, pizza lunches, Christmas party, and age-specific get-togethers
- CoffeeHouse and CocoaHouse areas where students can study or visit between classes
- Optional teacher-led sessions during CoffeeHouse (FACTs class – Fake News and Critical Thinking) where students can discuss current events, learn about logic and fallacies, debate, hear opposing viewpoints and more
- Extracurricular events such as outreaches, retreats and service projects
It is our intention at TSC to not only come alongside students in their academic endeavors and help them accomplish their academic goals, but to also make their spiritual growth a priority. The many classes, events, discussions, socials, and opportunities available through TSC encourage the student to connect with one another and, more importantly, connect with Christ as they grow, serve, and lead spiritually.